Minutes of the Meeting of Great & Little Gidding Parish Council March 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of Great & Little Gidding Parish Council held on Tuesday 21st March 2017 at 7:30pm

Present: Cllrs R Hayden (Chair), R Giddens, P Hodson, P Jarvis and E Richmond

In Attendance: L Ellis (Clerk) & two residents

Key:
CCC = Cambridgeshire County Council
HDC = Huntingdon District Council
PC = Parish Council

30.17
Chairman’s Welcome
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

31.17
Apologies and reason for absence

Cllr A Alexander (holiday), Cllr L James (family illness), C.Cllr S Bywater (other commitments) & D Cllr D Tuplin (other commitments)

32.17
Member’s declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
None.

33.17
Public and press participation session with respect to items on the agenda

A resident reported that the newly installed dog bin has been a great success however bags are being left on the grass near the horse pond near Chapel End. Council agreed to purchase an additional bin and bag dispenser, the location of these will be considered at the April meeting.

The Chairman welcomed Julie Trolove to the meeting and invited her to speak to Council.
Julie asked the Council to consider the request for an HEFA archaeological test pit to be dug in the village hall car park in May. Julie explained that she has become involved via the Sawtry group and the Fenn Edge project and it would be a coup for Great Gidding for them to take part.
The students involved are aged from 14 – 16 years and have an interest in History.
Julie asked to use the area to the right of the entrance to the car park for the mini dig.
It was noted that the village hall had been booked for use as a comfort zone however the students would return to their academy overnight.
Julie thanked the Council for the opportunity to speak and left the meeting at this juncture. (7:40pm)

34.17
To confirm and accept minutes of the meeting held on 21st February 2017

To take the minutes as a true and accurate record.
Proposed by Cllr Hodson and seconded by Cllr Giddens. The minutes were then duly signed by the Chairman.

35.17
Matters arising from minutes
The Clerk reported that the grass cutting contract was still unsigned although the contractor had commenced the grass cutting. The Clerk to contact the contractor to discuss the outstanding points that Council had with the new contract.

36.17
Communication from Councillors
Cllr Jarvis reported:
i)That a group of volunteers had recently tidied-up Jubilee Wood, an excellent piece of work with thanks to Michael Trolove for his help.
ii)Although the bridlepaths were in a good condition the farm track footpath has been churned up by the hunt off Milkingslade Lane.

Cllr Giddens reported:
The Cowpastures Byway underfoot is in a good condition for the time of the year.

37.17
Speedwatch
The Clerk reported that following the request in the Clarion for volunteers to come forward to join the Great Gidding team, it was noted that no contact has yet been made.
It was noted that the Glatton team were still operational.

38.17
Village noticeboards
The Clerk to request that Cllr Alexander remove the noticeboard located near the school and that a new board be ordered. Consideration will be given at the April meeting to its’ possible location.

39.17
To agree the Annual Parish Meeting agenda
Consideration was given to inviting the Environment Agency or the A14 improvement scheme project team to the APM. The Clerk to approach the A14 project team in the first instance.
It was agreed that tea, coffee and biscuits be provided foc prior to the start of the meeting.
A resident kindly offered to deliver the Notice to residents by way of advertising the APM.

40.17
To consider the tree works quotation
Council considered the quotation to fell a poplar tree in the recreation ground, it was agreed that the quotation for £500 be accepted, the Clerk to raise a purchase order.

41.17
To consider a request to use the recreation field
The Clerk reported that the Council had received a request from the school to use the recreation ground for a football club after school on Fridays. Also, an egg flinging competition on the morning of Friday 31st March. Council agreed to both requests. The Clerk to advise the school and to request that they leave the site in a clean and tidy condition.

42.17
Correspondence
Correspondence duly noted.

Council considered planning application 17/00510/S73 Agricultural buildings, 76 Main Street, to vary condition 5 to allow for the construction of the approved new opening in the frontage barn – No objection.

43.17
Finance:
a) Payment of accounts
Expenditure:
£26.00 – L Ellis (100978)
£305.21 – Salaries (SO)
£19.06 – BT (DD)

b)Financial risk assessment

c)Review of asset register

All payments were unanimously approved and all associated documentation was initialled by two signatories.

Council considered the financial risk assessment presented by the Clerk. Its’ acceptance was proposed by Cllr Richmond and seconded by Cllr Jarvis, all agreed acceptance.

Item deferred for consideration at the April meeting.

The Clerk left the room at this juncture.

44.17
Staffing matters
Councillors considered the pay and conditions of the Clerk. Her experience and knowledge is recognised in addition to her advice to the Council and other organisations, Council unanimously agreed that she be awarded an additional pay point from April.
The Clerk re-joined the meeting at this juncture.

45.17
Items for discussion at the April meeting
Clarion and how to improve it
Noticeboards
Annual Parish Meeting

46.17
Date of next meeting
Tuesday 18th April 2017

Meeting closed
The Chairman thanked everyone for attending, the meeting then closed at 8:20pm

Leave a Reply