Minutes of a Meeting of the Parish Council held in the Village Hall, Great Gidding on Tuesday 20th September 2011 at 7.30pm.
Present: Cllrs Hayden (Vice Chairman), Hodson, Howden, Hill, Giddens and Trolove, District Cllr Tuplin and Tysoe, clerk and one member of the public
Public Forum: Sue Shepherd presented the proposal for agenda item 717.11
713.11 Apologies for absence
Received from Cllr Alexander
714.11 Minutes of 16th August 2011
Agreed and signed
715.11 Matters arising
716.11 Members declaration of interest for agenda items
717.11 Funding proposal and request for contribution towards ‘Celebration of Gidding’ event.
This event would be open to all residents and it was agreed to make a contribution of £350 from S137. Any profit made from the event will be given to the Village Hall funds
718.11 Mains water supply repairs.
The clerk had written to Anglian Water about the continued fracturing of the pipe causing the roads to be dug up with yet more disruption and damage to the highway. Anglian Water has replied that there is no plan to replace this section of the water main. Clerk to write to the County Council expressing our concerns, copy to MP
719.11 Great Gidding Newt Trail report had been received from the Wildlife Trust and will be available to see on the new website.
The interpretation board is in the planning stage. A new pond has been dug at the Jubilee wood kindly sponsored by AP & TB Trolove. This environmental enhancement will be marked during the Diamond Jubilee
720.11 Anglia in Bloom results
Great Gidding received a Silver Award, copies of the certificate will be given to the school, shop and pub for display. Parishioners will be invited to continue this community initiative and work towards the 2012 entry.
721.11 Fit ville 2011 winners £200 to community project.
Cllr Hill and Hayden had attended the presentation of this award. The Recreation Ground committee were invited to consider how best to spend this money.
722.11 Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
Cllr Trolove agreed to act as the co-ordinator for events to mark this occasion in 2012
723.11 Parish Plan
Refresher questions were agreed and would be printed on the back of the next Clarion newsletter
23 Gains Lane – District Cllr Tuplin reported that the Development Management Panel had approved the replacement planning permission
725.11 Rural Broadband
It was agreed to write to our MP to ask for his support in getting an improved service for the village
726.11 Office equipment
Disposal of old laptop, as it had now been wiped clean it was agreed to accept a reasonable offer above £20.
726.11 Bank reconciliation and payment of accounts were agreed
• BT (direct debit) £116.89
• Bradgate (grass cutting) £127.50
• S Dalley (clerk no PAYE) £295.70
727.11 Representatives reports
• Allotments – Cllr Howden reported that a trailer load of muck had been placed on the first plot by Henry Hill for all allotment holders to make use of. Paul Hodson had agreed to box in the water pipes to the two taps
• Highways and Police – Cllr Hayden reported the poor condition of the roads.
• School – Cllr Alexander – no report
• Village Hall and Recreation Ground – Cllr Howden –reported that there had been increased use of the hall. The outside clock needs attention and it was agreed to replace it if repairs could not be made. Sawtry Colts were making good use of the Recreation Ground. A minor repair was required to the pipework of the toilet.
• Finance and Charities – Cllr Hodson. Budget update agreed and invoice requested from Wildlife Trust to enable VAT claim (Lottery Fund)
• Tree Warden – Cllr Trolove – Felling of tree on boundary of school and churchyard, clerk to write to church wardens asking for replacement plans – Parish Planting 2011/12 trees under this scheme had been applied for – Scheme for Elm tree planting, details to be circulated for discussion next meeting. Notification that two Ash Tree suckers are to be felled in a front garden in Chapel end
728.11 Correspondence received
• CARESCO annual report and invitation to AGM 29th Sep
• Request for grant considered but agreed not to donate.
• Victim Support request for grant discussed but agreed not to donate.
District Cllr Tysoe updated the meeting on various topics including:
Leisure Centres – Sawtry improvements to Gym and possible end to subsidised crèche facilities. Alconbury Enterprise Zone – encouraging businesses to set up – funding by central government