In February 2002 Patrick Ellis received an Award from the Goodliff Fund to store the data and the photos he had collected whilst putting together the Millennium History of Great Gidding, together with many more photos and a lot more information that couldn’t be included in the book.
This has resulted in three CDs now available.
CD1 is a Data CD containing information from the Parish Register (Baptisms, Marriages and Burials), Censuses, Wills, Churchyard gravestone inscriptions and other parish records. More info.
CD2 is a Photo CD which includes the photos collected, both for the history book and since and also photos taken recently (since 1997) of almost every house in the village, together with some from around the parish. Each house photo is identified by its house number (with acknowledgement) and a map of the village with the house numbers added. It contains 180 old black and white photos and 250 recent colour photos. A selection of these older photos can be seen in the Historical Photos section of this website.
CD3 contains more records of the history of Great Gidding.
This CD contains ;
• Maps from 1641, 1802, 1851, 1858, 1869, 1901 and 1924
• Maps showing the Furlong and field names
• More than 1000 Property Transactions Indexed and where possible, summarised
• Rents and taxes for 15 years between 1599 to 1832
• Lists of the 50 or 60 poorer families in the village from 1784 to 1816
• Baptist records from 1790 to 1900
• School records from 1880 to 1970
• Quarter Session records from 1740 to 1920
• An analysis of where each family lived from 1841 to 1910, with Maps to show the location
• 60 Inventories transcribed and 20 additional Wills summarised (now totalling 170)
Copies of all 3 CDs have been given to Great Gidding School, to the Great Gidding shop, to the Record Offices in Huntingdon and Northampton and to the Hunts Family History Society.
The CDs are available for purchase for £13.00 each (plus p & p). Contact Patrick Ellis at: email@example.com or on: +44 (0)1332 840064
Copies of the History Book are also still available at £13.00 (plus P & P) Read extracts