If you are staying in Gidding for the Jubilee weekend come along to the Recreation Ground on Monday 4th June. Starting at 1PM, we are hoping that people will bring along a picnic for a Big Lunch Jubilee Celebration.
The Big Lunch is a very simple idea from the Eden Project. The aim is to get as many people as possible across the whole of the UK to have lunch with their neighbours in a simple act of community, friendship and fun.
All you need to do is turn up with food and drink and anything else that you need to enjoy a picnic, but if you would like to bring something along to share, we are sure this would be much appreciated.
To keep the energetic amongst us entertained, we are hoping to have a game of rounders and look forward to other games being organised throughout the day.
- The event will start at 1.00PM, but you can join in throughout the afternoon.
- Bring along all that you need to enjoy a picnic – food/drink and all the equipment too
- If you would like to bring food to share, it will be appreciated
- We are celebrating the Jubilee, so wear a crown or a tiara, if you wish
- Make a metre of bunting to decorate the Recreation Ground and the pavilion
- There will be games throughout the afternoon – some with prizes to be won
COME ALONG AND JOIN IN THE FUN
Don’t forget it will also be a Celebration of the Jubilee too.
From the Village Hall and Recreation Ground Committee